The Maldives Medical Council policies are set by the Members of the Council who are appointed by the President of Maldives from the following sectors in the numbers indicated:
- 3 (three) medical practitioners appointed from medical practitioners practicing in the Maldives;
- A dental practitioner appointed from dental practitioners practicing in the Maldives;
- A person appointed by the Minister;
- A health care skilled professionals who is neither a medical practitioner nor a dental practitioner;
- A trainer trained in the field of medical or dental profession, who is working in a health care profession training center with a minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in training;
- A practicing lawyer with a minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in Maldives;
- A member of a civil society working in health profession.
The secretariat of the Council will be located in the Ministry of Health.
OFFICE BEARERS AND COMMITTEES
- The Council meetings shall be chaired by the President of the Council. In the absence of the President, Vice-President of the council shall preside over sittings of the meetings. If neither is present, a person to preside over the sitting shall be elected by the members present at that meeting.
- The council will have a Registrar.
- The council may appoint standing committees and ad hoc committees from among the members to advise it on various matters.
MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL
1. As a minimum requirement, 1 (one) council shall be held every month.
2. The minimum quorum for a council meeting is 50% of the members.
3. A majority vote of the members is required to pass a motion in the council.